Become a Wisconsin Notary Public
Wisconsin Notary Commission Overview
The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of Wisconsin is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store. As a national provider of notary supplies, notary bonds, insurance, and training, Notary.net has pretty much everything you need to become a Wisconsin notary public.
Are You in the Wrong Place?
Importance of Wisconsin Notary Training
As a notary public in the State of Wisconsin, you have unlimited financial liability on every document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Wisconsin Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It's less expensive than an attorney consult!
How to Become a Notary Public in WisconsinStep-by-Step Instructions
How to Become a Notary Public in Wisconsin
1. Study and understand the duties and expectations of a Wisconsin notary public, available in Chapter 140 of the Wisconsin Statutes and Chapter DFI-CCS 25 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code.
2. Take and pass the Wisconsin Notary Public Tutorial Exam. Print your exam certificate.
3. Purchase your Wisconsin notary bond and notary stamp.
4. In order to complete the notary application, you must first create an account.
5. Submit your completed application, exam certificate, bond letter, oath of office, and the $20 fee.
6. You will be notified by the Department of Financial Institutions once your application has been approved.
Congratulations! You are now a Wisconsin notary public!