Become a West Virginia Notary Public
West Virginia Notary Commission Overview
The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of West Virginia is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store. As a national provider of notary supplies, notary bonds, insurance, and training, Notary.net has pretty much everything you need to become a West Virginia notary public.
Are You in the Wrong Place?
Importance of West Virginia Notary Training
As a notary public in the State of West Virginia, you have unlimited financial liability on every document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The West Virginia Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It's less expensive than an attorney consult!
How to Become a Notary Public in West VirginiaStep-by-Step Instructions
How to Become a West Virginia Notary Public
1. Read the "Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts" West Virginia Code.
2. Complete the Online Notary Commission Application to apply for a new notary commission or to renew your commission. Pay the $52 fee.
3. Once your application is approved, you will receive your commission letter with an image of your notary seal.
4. Order your West Virginia notary stamp and send a copy of your commission letter, with the seal image, to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Receive your WV commission certificate and your notary handbook. View the handbook online here: West Virginia Notary Handbook
Congratulations! You are now a notary public in West Virginia!